Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sweet Prompt Victory

Well, it's one a.m. and, as promised, issue twenty-six is done and posted! I'm really proud of myself on this one.  Not only did I do two comics in two days, but I put a lot of effort into both of them. I paid a LOT of attention to shading and cross hatching on this one, so it looks very professional. It's good to know that tonsil surgery hasn't slowed me down too much, though time will tell how it affects Kevin ;D

I've been thinking more and more about digital artwork lately, and how much of a difference it would make with my work. Lord knows I have the equipment for it: CS3 Design Premium, a 9x12 Wacom tablet, and a fine computer to handle it all. But even with all this fancy stuff, I find myself unwilling to make the effort.  I have no problem cleaning my drawings on the computer, or coloring digitally, but there's something about putting pencil to paper that a computer could never emulate for me. I wouldn't call myself old fashioned, but it just seems right to me. Plus, I always have a hard copy handy, which makes it all worthwhile.

Issue twenty-seven is on track for Friday, barring any unforeseen circumstances. I will say that Monday's comic may either be early or late, because I will have people over this weekend to celebrate my birthday.  How old am I?  Let's just say I'm as old as the last comic I posted ;)

Later Days!

No comments: